ZuvaSyntha is a young and exciting UK SME working in the rapidly expanding Industrial Biotechnology sector. Recently formed through the merger of BioSyntha Technology Ltd and ZuvaChem LLC, we are developing novel microbial-based routes to renewable intermediate and specialty chemicals.
ZuvaSyntha is planning to expand and seeks to appoint outstanding candidates for the following roles:
- Business Development Manager
- Senior Biochemist
- Scientist/Senior Scientist in Molecular Biology and Strain Development
Please contact email@example.com for more information. To apply, email us with a CV, cover letter outlining your suitability for the post, and salary expectation.
Business Development Manager
As part of our managed expansion, we are looking to recruit a dynamic professional with relevant industrial experience to support our business development activities. Working closely with the CEO, this role will focus on building meaningful long-term relationships with new and existing clients and promoting the Company’s technology offerings. This is an excellent opportunity to join us at a time of growth and have significant influence over the shape and direction of our commercial development. This opportunity would ideally suit somebody with a chemical engineering or bioprocess engineering background that is looking for a move into a more commercial business-focussed role.
- Chemical engineering or process engineering background preferably with good knowledge of industrial biotechnology applications together with an active and relevant industrial network.
- Experience of the chemical and/or biotech industries together with an understanding of collaborative research models.
- Previous business development experience, particularly on contract negotiation and structuring would be highly advantageous.
- Communicate clearly and persuasively in all forms including: written, oral, email, telephone, public presentation and networking in general.
- A positive attitude to dealing with people. Ability to listen and to build and maintain multi-level business relationships. High sense of personal responsibility. Committed and proactive. Quick thinking and adaptable.
- Good organisational and time management skills. Ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritise tasks according to business objectives.
- Results driven, analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail.
- Flexible approach to problem solving – able to generate ideas and solutions
- Well presented. Confident, credible and charismatic.
- Able and willing to work outside normal hours whenever necessary.
Major Job Responsibilities
- To work with the senior management and the board to develop and execute a compelling strategic approach for the continued growth of the company and effective support of existing and future client base.
ZuvaSyntha is seeking to appoint a Senior Biochemist to support the company’s proprietary programs developing bioprocesses for synthesis of higher value chemicals from C1 feed stocks. You will be involved at the forefront of industrial biotechnology translating novel science into real industrial processes.
- Provide innovative contribution to the design and optimisation of biochemical routes for efficient production of target chemicals.
- Design and implement in vitro/in vivo enzyme assays for the purposes of candidate gene selection and pathway flux optimisation.
- Design and implement screening protocol for novel enzymes activities.
- Provide supervision and support for junior colleagues with respect to their personal development and the maintenance of technical excellence.
- Contribute to the writing of grant applications.
- Contribute to the writing of patent applications.
- Likely to have a PhD in chemistry, biochemistry or a related subject together with at least 3 years postdoctoral experience, ideally some of it working in a commercial environment
- A good knowledge of microbial biochemistry with respect to enzymology, bioenergetics and metabolic pathways
- Chemical analysis (HPLC, GC and MS) skills would be advantageous
- Enzyme evolution experience would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to write clear and concise reports are essential
Scientist/Senior Scientist in Molecular Biology and Strain Development
We are currently recruiting for a Molecular Biologist to undertake metabolic engineering of novel anaerobic bacteria.
Working as part of a multidisciplinary team of scientists, you will design and undertake the development of new process microorganisms for use in the bioconversion of waste to high value chemicals. The role requires a creative thinker who can apply their knowledge and experience in an innovative and practical way.
You should be educated to PhD level, with a strong background in molecular bacteriology and metabolic engineering. You will understand how to apply leading-edge DNA assembly techniques to the building of genetic toolkits. Experience of cultivating anaerobic bacteria would be advantageous. You will have relevant work experience in either an academic or commercial environment since gaining your academic qualifications.