Located in Welwyn Garden City, the facility is close to the A1, M1 and M25 motorways and is served by three international airports, London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow. Car parking is available on site.
BioPark is ten minutes walk from Welwyn Garden City’s mainline train station and the journey from Central London takes less than 30 minutes. Cambridge is less than an hour away on the same train line, or by road.
Welwyn Garden City
Directions to BioPark Hertfordshire
From the South
- After exiting the tunnel under the Galleria shopping centre, leave the A1M at Junction 4 marked ‘Hertford A414 & Welwyn Garden City A6129’. At the roundabout at the end of the slip road take the second exit, effectively turning right, and proceed above the A1M.
- Keeping to the left take the first exit, effectively going straight across onto the road signposted ‘A6129 Stanborough’.
- Continue down the dual carriageway and at the roundabout take the second exit, effectively turning right, signposted ‘Welwyn Garden City A6129’.
- Proceed up the hill past Stanborough Park on the left and the Police HQ on the right. At the roundabout take the second exit – your route is now identified by signs stating ‘Business & Industrial Areas’.
- At the next roundabout take the second exit.
- After crossing over the railway bridge at the roundabout take the second exit – effectively proceeding straight on. You are now on the A1000 and will pass a sign on your left, ‘Broadwater’.
- Just on your left past the ‘Broadwater’ sign is Broadwater Crescent. Almost immediately after this, turn left through steel gates into the drive leading to BioPark. Note: the entrance is opposite ‘Highways House’ a white and green building with a large sign outside. There is visitor parking near the security office.
From the North
- Leave the A1(M) at junction 6 (signposted Welwyn Garden City, Welwyn), then at roundabout take the 1st exit onto the A1000 (signposted Welwyn Garden City, Hertford).
- At roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Bessemer Road – A1000 (signposted Welwyn Garden City). Continue forward onto Bessemer Road – A1000.
- Turn right onto Digswell Road. At roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Digswell Road. Bear left onto The Campus – B195. Keep in left hand lane then bear left onto Bridge Road – B195 (signposted Stevenage, A1M).
- At roundabout take the 1st exit onto Bridge Road – B195 (signposted Stevenage). At traffic signals turn right onto Broadwater Road.
- BioPark Hertfordshire is on your right, opposite the Highways Agency building.
Welwyn Garden City station. Trains run regularly between London King’s Cross and Cambridge. For National rail enquiries call +44 (0)845 748 4950, or visit http://www.thetrainline.com/.
Map of BioPark
Download a PDF format map of BioPark.